where does the hose from the pcv valve go?

Shooter_Jay

Ok, the pcv valve is plugged into that steel line which wraps around behind the motor out of sight, but before it goes out of sight, it tee's off straight up then a hose comes off of that. Where should the other end of that hose be connected? Apparently on my SC that hose is plugged into a place wehre a different hose should be connected to.

Jay - that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The PCV valve that sits in the rear of the passenger side valve cover has a short rubber hose, that changes to metal and wraps around the back of the intake plenum. It then changes back to rubber and is connected into the plenum itself. The only thing I can think of is that someone modified it, to maybe include a small oil separator, so the oil vapors didn't actually enter the plenum & then took it off and plugged the line.

where does the hose

Jim is right, one hose goes into the plenum. But the other hose from the metal tee connects via a rubber hose to a small hard plastic hose going towards the passengers fender, along the firewall. I'm not sure where it ends up, but on mine, the rubber hose from the metal tee had a hole on the under side that caused an air leak. The leak didn't show up with propane, maybe because air is push out rather than being sucked in. Good luck

vancouverBC said:
Jim is right, one hose goes into the plenum. But the other hose from the metal tee connects via a rubber hose to a small hard plastic hose going towards the passengers fender, along the firewall. I'm not sure where it ends up, but on mine, the rubber hose from the metal tee had a hole on the under side that caused an air leak. The leak didn't show up with propane, maybe because air is push out rather than being sucked in. Good luck

I beleive this mystery hose runs to the evap canister.

great finally got my cd. Still having a hard time figuring this out though. Maybe somebody can look at their arrangement for me and maybe even take a pic or two for me. In the diagrams, "A" is the part that tee's up from the pvc tube I was talking about. The hose is numbered 6 in the other diagram. The cd calls the hose the fuel vapor hose. I still can't find where the other end connects to. Anybody know? I've looked, but can't see where it would connect as it looks in the picture. It's tough to see in there though. I'm getting concerned that I'm gonna have to disassemble everything off the top of my motor!

Attachments

• ~pcv1.jpg
    ~pcv1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 89
  • ~pcv2.jpg
    ~pcv2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 92
aha! I'm getting it. You're right Andy. Now I just need to find the EVAP cannister...can't be too hard...any pics of it tho?

edit: Ok thanks, but don't bother. I finally found it in an illustration on the CD. There's a ton of info on here. If only it had a useful search function!

Last edited:
The small plastic hose in the fender is to the vapor recovery from fuel tank cannister.
pcv valve line tee's into vapor recovery line then to manifold.
as far as finding the canister just pull real hard, no just kidding !

Last edited:
Ha! Thanks 92 but I found it a different way. I did finally find it and connect both hoses to their proper locations so far as I can tell. The vent tube from the cannister wasn't connected to anything, and another hose wasn't connected anything with the evap hose connected to the plenum..damn way off! And I thought I got bad service back when my motor was rebuilt and they took 6 months not 1 like they said(may to nov) and tried to charge me an extra 500 and oh by the way couldn't find pistons so just did a ring job! Well who knew they just guessed how it went back together too???!!! Now I think I really should have sued them, lucky for them I'm not the litigious type. Anyway thanks for all the help guys. I still have plenty of other issues on my old 150k bird that still is only running pretty good right now...stay tuned!

edit: by the way, anybody near fitchburg MA, if you want the same terrible service go to Dave's Auto Machine in fitchburg...yeah right

Last edited:
Back