94 Thunderbird LX - 4.6L V8

G

greenersport

Hello, I am the proud new owner of a 94 Thunderbird LX. I really want to customize the car, exterior is in good shape, interior too. I bought the car because the price was right, but it has engine problems. The seller didn't know what was wrong, but from the short drive I took, the car is definitely down on power. Seems like it is running on 7 cylinders or something, it is kind of choppy and really doesn't have any getup. It runs very quiet and starts with no problems. Motor has 162K on the clock.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have had a few people suggest a full tune-up (plugs, wires, filters, etc...), problem with coils packs?, wiring problem etc....

Thanks alot

Jeff

Not sure if you have but post this overon TCCoA.com. This club is more for those with the SC motors and their knowledge tends to be limited in the area of the N/A 3.8, 5.0, and 4.6 motors. Personally I think you may have a bad computer since 94's had a problem with the computer going bad and hanging fuel injectors open. I am no expert so post over at TCCoA and get some more info before trying to fix it.

-Miller

Thanks for the info

Thanks, I went and registered there as well.

Hope to get my problem fixed quickly!!

Back