Stalls under load

v8killr

My car just started doing this,but it has done it twice now in two days so i'm trying to catch the problem before i get stranded somewhere.What it's doing is when i'm driving and come to a stop and say turn my heat on the car's idle will drop and the car will shudder and stall.It fires right back up and will run fine afterwords.I don't know if my alternator is getting ready to go out or if it's a sensor (i can't imagine that) going out.
I do notice a different idle when i'm driving with my heat on and it seems like it only does this with the heat and nothing else like the headlights or any other assy.

Any imput would be great because i hate to be stuck on the side of the road.
and i hate paying tow fees.
Thanks Dave

Sounds like you may have an alternator going bad. Take your car to Advanced or Autozone and have them test the alternator.

Shane

That is what i keep going back to.I will probably try to get there this weekend and have them test.
Thanks,

Mine (90SC AOD) was doing that but no heat was involved. I could be at a stop light and the idle would drop and engine would stall. One day I was inching along in traffic, moving under idle and it stalled. The last straw was when it would not restart for about an hour, it did show the UPSHIFT light, which was a hint pointing to the CPS.
I changed the crank position sensor the next day and have had no more problems. Good luck

Back