Another cooling question?

Flip

Another cooling question?

Here is the story, Car runs Fantastic, Keeps overfilling the overflow coolant tank. Just burped the cooling system yesterday. Ran heater the whole time, uncapped the vent filled with coolant. Ran car though several cycles of thermostat and fan. Had some bubbles come out and added coolant as required. Came out this morning and level was right at the cold mark. Went on the three hours drive around town. Level came up to Hot mark during the drive, boosted (12lbs) it up the last mile home, the overflow tank was almost overflowing, with bubbles coming out. This car does not over heat, Factory gauge gets to the middle, fan comes on and you can watch it drop to just under a 1/3 of the gauge. In 90 degree heat You can let it idle for hours this way. This is I have done so far.

15 pressure checks, last one this morning set to 20lbs and waited 20 minuets ( no pressure loss / None) Every test has come out this way.
Burped system several times.
New Radiator Cap ( Griffin)
Coolant tested and came out clean.

Motor: 98k on car.
Head gaskets, heads reworked, Felpro gaskets and ARP studs all done 7K ago. Preventive measure, head gaskets did not blow.
Griffin Radiator
MN12 Coolfan switch
5% pulley
Mid-length headers, High Flow Cats, SCP 2.5 cat back exhaust.

Any idea’s?? Possible intake leak ounder boost? Still air in system?? Driving me crazy..

you may have blown your headgaskets again. You overflow tank is overflowing because there is pressure in the system somwhere :(
I don't think just air in the system can cause this to happen. Any white smoke from the exhaust or funny smell? Check your oil dip-stick......any discoloration?

let us know

Walter

Should have put it in the first post. No smoke .. Very clean oil... Been going on for about 6 weeks.

Check your overflow hose to make sure it is not partially clogged. Also, how are your intake gaskets? These could allow air into the system especially under boosted conditions..

Replaced hose for overflow, have good flow though it. The intake was done about 7k ago with the top end, any way to check with out removal?

Back