Indiglo Gauges

oxygen822

I bought some indiglo gauges from procarparts.com and am having some problems with them. I got installed them and wired them without any problems, they work perfectly, look great, one small problem though... the tach and speedometer needles don't spin. For the tach i think it's because there are 3 small screws that stick out and force the gauges out more, putting pressure on the needle part, therefor keeping it from spinning. The speedometer has the same problem though, and there aren't any screws. So I was wondering if anybody else had the same problem as I am and how they fixed it. I was thinking about simply shaving the hole out a little more so it won't rub on the needle assembly. If anyone else did that what did you use to keep it smooth and round?

Thanks

i have those same gauges on my car. took me like 2 hours to get it right, and when i took my car for a spin, i noticed that my speedo or tach werent working. had to leave it like that because i was going on a date.. lol. but what i did to fix it was remove the old black gauge backing from all the gauges. this will help with the clearance. then use some glue to hold the indiglos in place. also, its not necessary with the speedo or tach, but the light bulbs in the cluster will show through the boost/fuel/temp/oil pres. gauges. doesnt look too clean. you can either replace them with blue bulbs(what im gonna do), paint the clear part of the gauge so no light comes through, or just remove the bulbs. hope this helps.

I have them too you need to take the old faceplates off I found useing a fork to get the needles off works best. also use the glue and I would let it dry overnight take your time with them they will look great. Mine do ;) I like to flip the colors back and forth when peeps is in the SC at night :D ....

Rick in FL :cool:

yes, peel the old ones off. glue the new ones with just a little elmers glue. it will dry clear and hold them in place. as for the upshift and check gauge lights, if you have the white face gauges, just replace the bulbs with red ones. if you have the silver faces you will have to get creative because they just have clear windows.

Back