intermittent working brake lights

Yes, the stop lamp switch on the pedal. If you have a 90 model, it can also cause your car not to start. ;)

i figured out what it was.....stupid wires that go into the harness decided that being 10 yrs old was old enough....
the switch was fine..so it was a cheap fix...FREE! :p

thanks alot.....

btw..its a 94
another question while im here....

the shifter assembly that attaches to the trans(5 spd) ..took that off and looked into the top of the trans..theres a spring that sits near where the bottom of the shifter handle would go in the trans....what side is that spring supposed to be on?....i moved it to the left when i reinstalled the upper 1/2 of the shifter assembly....feels funny going into 4th like its not lined up properly and also the shifter sits to the left in nuetral as opposed to being moreso centered.....

Last edited:
Shifter Spring

Goes on the left side shifer to the pass side. Its hard to do it the wrong way because the spring has a bend on 1 side and the other is straight. Here's a pic. sorry about the size. Good luck

TranySpring.jpg

ok..call me stupid..but what side of the pic is the front?... :eek: :confused:

if you were to look at mine..the spring is off to the left of the shifter....only way it would get out of the way...

and is there supposed to be a plastic bushing(cup) at the bottom where the ball end of the shifter sits in?....i know in my mustang it has a plastic/rubber piece...not sure if the s/c is similiar or not.....

thanks

1fastsupercoupe; also check your center mounted stop lamp on top of the rear deck. The original 2 bulbs used in this lamp drew too much current, resulting in melted housings, fried harnesses, and even fires!

Back