Stock injector color

DeputyYamaha

Could anyone tell me if my injectors are stock or not on my 89 SC? They are orange in color. Only had car a week now, and I am trying to figure out if there are any mods on her. It's starting to 40 buck me to death. LOL. Thanks.

They are Red 30# for 89-93 and Dark Blue 36# for 94-95. Orange and Yellow are 19# injectors. Make sure you have an SC engine in the car. And make sure to change to the 30# injectors or you might kill your engine. There should be SC cast into the cylinder head in the corner just below the valve covers. It can be seen on the drivers side head, the pass sied one is at the rear of the engine. There should also be SC embossed in the front of the block on the pass side next to the timing chain cover and water pump.

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey thanks. I'll have to check that out tomorrow. I wonder if that would explain the sputter at slight throttle. Would the 19's be a factory thing or did somebody put in the wrong ones? Thanks again.
Jeff

someone put the wrong ones in or maybe a whole engine. I think the NA 3.8 uses Gray 14# injectors.

Jeff

Stock '89 to '93 SC's came with 30# injectors. If your car has an SC engine and electronics in it, and it's running 19# injectors, you're going to have problems.

Enough guys around here have upgraded their injectors that you should be able to pic up a used set of 30# injectors easily enough. I've got a couple spare sets myself. If you go the route of buying used injectors though, I would suggest you look at having them professionally cleaned and flow tested before you install them. There's a place in Toronto that did a set for someone I know, and it cost around $25 per injector.

Good luck!

Sean

I have a professional injector test stand and cleaning system but there hasn’t been enough interest to justify me buying the parts (pintle caps, O-rings) or Heptane to make it even worth doing, and I was only charging about $7 per injector. I might make a post and see if there is any interest.

Jeff

Hey thanks guys. I might not mess with it for a couple weeks, I'm moving . But I would be interested in some 30's if someone has a set they want to get rid of. It does seem to run ok the way it is. But she needs plugs. That's my next nightmare.

Back