Finally got the '03 Cobra wheels installed...

SeanMatteson

What do you guys think???

attachment.php

I still need to get the alignment done, as I replaced the whole front suspension. ...Oh, and I need to detail the car too! It hasn't been properly washed since last Fall.

Best regards,

Sean

Now thats sexy, maybe I should go with the 03's seem like alot of the birds look pretty good in them.

I would like to see some more pics when you get it out of the garage. :D It looks real good though.

Russell

They look real nice on there. I love the look. Please post some more pictures. especially the front. I am interested in how much they stick out. What brand and size are your tires?
According to your member profile you have:

2003 SVT Cobra 17"x9" Wheels
5x4.5" Bolt Circle Swap
Lincoln Mark VIII front brake upgrade (including late-style spindles)

Did you measure the backspace of the wheels? Do you know the offset of the wheels? How far does the wheel stick out from the front fender?

Thanks
Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

Russell,

I'm going to try to take the car in for a full alignment this evening. I ended up replacing most of the front suspension as part of the spindle swap. As soon as I get a chance to properly clean the car up (It's pretty filthy right now), I'll snap some better pics and share them here.

Jerry,

These are stock Ford SVT Cobra wheels. I think they come in a 26mm offset, but Ed Nicholson would know for sure. I bought the wheels off Ed at Fines Ford. We had some material machined off the back of the bolt-face to try to get them close to stock MN12 offset. They're still a little less than that, but so far I haven't had any problems with rubbing anywhere. We haven't measured them to see exactly what the offset currently is. I'm running Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP's up front, in 255-45-17, and SZ50's on the rear in 275-40-17. The front tires don't seem to stick out much at all, but the rears are pretty phatt! I tried taking a shot of the rear stance last night, but I had to stand outside the garage in the dark, and the shot didn't turn out. Again, I'll try to get some better pics up soon.

Scott,

I picked up the hubs through Ed as well. I think I paid around $110 CAD/ea for the front hubs, and $175 CAD/ea for the rear hubs. Those prices included new hub nuts, new bearings and snap rings for the rear. If you decide you want to do the bolt-circle swap, keep in mind you also have to do something about your brakes. I'm running redrilled Mark VIII rotors up front, and I went with the 11.65" Cobra rear rotors which already have the 'Stang bolt pattern. You could just have some stock SC rear rotors redrilled though. ...That's what Bill McNeil just did to install his new wheels.

All,

Off topic, but does anyone have any advice as to where I can host pics online that will permit posting links?

Best regards,

Sean

Last edited:
Scott,

Thanks. I'll check out that free webspace.

Bill is running some new Steeda wheels. They look awesome on his car!!! I'll start buggin' him more to get some pics posted.

Cheers,

Sean

Originally posted by SeanMatteson
I paid around $110/ea for the front hubs, and $175/ea for the rear hubs

I know the rear hubs are fairly pricey, but I was quoted $55 a piece for the front hub setup. I am going with 255/45's (285's for the back :D )with a mustang hub swap and 24+mm offset wheels. The wheels I have don't look to allow much grinding for a more favorable offset, but considering the difference between 30 and 24mm is only ~1/4in. it doesn't seem like it will be much to worry about.

Russell

Sean,

As you know, I think that set-up looks BAD AZZZZZZZZZZ!

Scott,

If it ever stops raining here, I'll post pics of the new Steeda wheels.

b00stedv6biRd said:
http://www.missouri.edu/~mslgx6/upload/

Totally free, no account needed, and no limits.

The wheels look good man. I plan on ordering my 4.25" pattern 03 Cobra's ASAP.

-Duane

I'm being prompted to register for an account in order to be able to upload pics to that site. I'll give it a try and hopefully I can host some pics there. I hate having to click on links for pics in these forums for stuff that's available on the internet. I'd like to be able to update my original post to include the image itself.

Thanks!

96sport said:
I know the rear hubs are fairly pricey, but I was quoted $55 a piece for the front hub setup. I am going with 255/45's (285's for the back :D )with a mustang hub swap and 24+mm offset wheels. The wheels I have don't look to allow much grinding for a more favorable offset, but considering the difference between 30 and 24mm is only ~1/4in. it doesn't seem like it will be much to worry about.

Russell

Russell, those prices are in Soviet Canuckistan dollars, so it will definitely be less south of the border.

Sean, the car looks great, but of course, I'm biased. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

ThunderCoupe94 said:
Sean, Glad to see you finally got it done. That beast is Bad Azz, BTW you comin to Carlisle? If so i cant wait to see it.

Jay

Jay,

I plan to be at Carlisle this year... Which reminds me, I've still got to register!!! :eek:

I'll be bringing my wife and kids down with me, so I may not be able to partake in all the festivities like last year, but I'm sure you'll see me around just the same.

Cheers,

Sean

fast Ed N said:
Russell, those prices are in Soviet Canuckistan dollars, so it will definitely be less south of the border.

cheers,
Ed N.

Whew! I figured that it was Canadian, but wasn't sure.

Russell

If you get a chance to measure the backspacing, I would really appreciate it.

Awaiting more pics :D

Thanks
Jerry

Back