whining noise, fuel pump?

trife86

hey guys
on occasion when i shut down my car i have a whining noise from the rear of my car. it will go away sometimes from taking a drive around. but other times i have to disconnect the battery..

the whine is from the rear of the car. sounds like it can be fuel pump, maybe something to do with the old electronic suspension setup? i dont use the tokicios no more if that has to do with anything.. those are the only things i can figure. any ideas?

trife86 said:
hey guys
on occasion when i shut down my car i have a whining noise from the rear of my car. it will go away sometimes from taking a drive around. but other times i have to disconnect the battery..

the whine is from the rear of the car. sounds like it can be fuel pump, maybe something to do with the old electronic suspension setup? i dont use the tokicios no more if that has to do with anything.. those are the only things i can figure. any ideas?
anybody :( :(

Hello

Hello,
It could be your IRCM or your pump may be going bad.
It could be one of those two things or both.
In my 91 the IRCM is behind the passenger head light right in front of the air box.
The IRCM controls when the pump goes on and off.
Laterz,
D Rainer

also if this helps any. the whine is not just one consistant sound. the tone of the whine bounces around alot sometimes louder than other times

could this throw a CEL ?

Last edited:
Hello

Hello,
Sounds like your fuel pump.
If you have not up graded to a larger fuel pump, and plan on making other mods to your SC I would suggest going with a larger fuel pump.
If you happen to know someone with an SC you could also try their IRCM and see if that happens to fix your problem.
Good luck.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Back