What are the 94-97 Tbird Seats like compared to 89-93 SC seats?

ERamos

I found some seat recoverings for a 94-97 Tbird just curious if the seats are totally different than my 89 SC ? they probably are? but I may consider picking up a set of later model Tbird seats from a junk yard if I like the style, anyone have a picture of front seats in a 94-97 tbird or SC.......thanks...

I don't have any pics to offer you, but I know the side bolsters on the late style seats are much smaller than the earlier version. I don't know of any other differences, other than no being available in half cloth, half leather combinations in later years, I'm fairly sure.

Do not do it!

I have a 95 SC and when I had a chance to sit in a buddy's 90' SC, I was totally amazed at the additional support the older seat provided. I especially like the way the head rest of the older seat will adjust foward and backward. The seat in my 95 won't do that and I get a sore neck after about 2 hours of driving.

He had a set of old leather seats that he had professionally reupholstered with a very thick european like cloth which I thought was awsome.

SC seats and normal MN-12 seat are totally different. SC seats are more sport while the LX seats are just seats.

The early SC seats have more padding and support, where you can tell Ford was ready to drop the SC by the 94-95 SC seats. I would love to swap out my 94 seats with the ones that my 91 had.

Back