04 Cobra motor swap

SR71

Ok I'm sure someone has asked this question but I could not find it. Will a 04 Cobra motor fit in a SC? For me it's a 93 Auto.

tranny bolt up

Ok I know the motor will fit inside. How about hood clearance and will my tranny bolt up? 93 Auto SC

SR71 said:
Ok I know the motor will fit inside. How about hood clearance and will my tranny bolt up? 93 Auto SC

No. You will need a t-56. A 4r70w would be a better option... if you had a 94+ Sc.

Chris

I found that picture over on tccoa under the engine gallery probably over a year ago and just remembered it when i saw this post. As you can tell the engine sits alot higher and you will definetly need a new hood.

Bill McNeil said:
Any idea who owns that car?

If so, we should make sure he comes to the shoot-out this year! ;)

I am pretty sure that that is the 1997 SVT Thunderbird clone. There is a link somewhere that talks about it.

Shane

I'm wonderign about a '99/00 CObra engine myself :)

Seem like a good deal out of the FRPP catalog for one with tranny, induction, engine, EEC for just $6g's ...

320 reliable HP.. and all brand spanking new.. Hmmm :)

About that SVT bird

I read a MM&FF a while back that had the article on that bird as well as 2 others. The car had apparently ran somewhere in the 10's, but the diver and car were immediatly booted from the track for improper safety requirements. The didn't even give the guy the timeslip either. So the said. The car itself is a 92 or 93 bird, but with newer dressing. Has the old dash, and interior. Intresting, nonetheless. If I can dig up the article, i'll post it.

Back