Intercooler tube install sequence?

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
I figured that I'd better start a new thread for a new question, but it does pertain to my previous post of this one . In which sequence should I install the lower and upper intercooler tubes? I did it once and think maybe I did it incorrectly considering I'm getting a miss and if new spark plugs don't help, then I'm going to have to reinstall these things. I am planning on taking the supercharger top off with the upper intercooler tube. Thanks,

Mike

Michael Mattix said:
I figured that I'd better start a new thread for a new question, but it does pertain to my previous post of this one . In which sequence should I install the lower and upper intercooler tubes? I did it once and think maybe I did it incorrectly considering I'm getting a miss and if new spark plugs don't help, then I'm going to have to reinstall these things. I am planning on taking the supercharger top off with the upper intercooler tube. Thanks,

Mike
just do bottom first hand tighten to top pull i/c sides up first then top at 148 flbs i used cooper sealant :eek: :confused: :) :cool: :p :D

Intercooler tube install

Only the spanner nut goes to 148ft.lb., the rest of the bolts are only 22ft.lb. Aluminum strips very easily. Good luck

Back