Need Help Bad

Camdog1999

I just recently bought a 1990 TBird SC and I got a big problem. First off I know nothing about cars sadly. But last night I was driving and pulling into shopko when just before pulling in my radio stoped playing. The radio was powered on but no sound came out. I dont think much of it and I park. I then try to lock my doors with the pw locks and nothing happens. So I go to start the car and nothing happens either. I end up later on during the dayt get a tow truck to try to ump start it but the battery is tested fine. He does though take a old screw driver and hit these 2 pieces of metal on some part (told you I dont know cars) and the engine fires right up. I'm assuming this is a electrical problem but have no idea if it could be the computer or the wiring or something else. My whole electric system is ****. The headlights wont work, the brake lights stay on constatly even a couple minutes after turning off the car. The pw mirrors work sometimes. The radio still aint working.

Im just looking to see if any recognizes this problem or wants to throw some ideas of what it could be. Thanks.

Two metal pieces??

I hate to tell you this but your going to have to try to be more specific. Do you know anyone that knows anything about cars? If not take it to a mechanic if the tow truck guy can get it started a mechanic can fix it.

Check your fuses, both in the fuse box under the dash on driver's side, and under hood near the battery. The fuses have a little clear window on top where you can see a metal strip inside- if the metal strip is broken the fuse is blown. There is one fuse that controls windows, radio, and ignition...

Good luck!

If he jumped 2 metal pieces, it was probably the starter relay (or solenoid) on the left side of the endine compartment. first check all your fuses. And also, make sure the car is in park all the way. let us know what you find. JJ

Back