fuel pump check valve?

Digitalchaos

Do the fuel systems in the SCs have a check valve in the fuel pump or a device anywhere which could serve a similar function, other than the FPR?

My limited check valve experience....

I don't know if the SC fuel pump has a check valve, but if you know what company manufactured the pump, the manufacturer's website would be a good place to start. I was having issues with my Son's '95 Dodge Dakota (5.2L/318 V8 Magnum). When it had been sitting for a while, it would take several seconds for it to fire during cranking. It turned out the the check-valve on the pump was bad allowing the fuel to drain from the rails back to the tank. Once fuel was pumped to the rails, it would fire up. The Dakota has a Holley fuel pump so I was able to get a Check Valve repair kit for it (cost less than 10 bucks). It was basically a spring loaded plunger with an O-Ring that closed to keep fuel from "back flowing" when the pump wasn't applying pressure. The Instructions for the Holley pump indicated that on some models it was possible to simply remove the rubber "washer" (that the plunger contacts to seal the line), clean it with degreaser, and turn it over when you reinstall it. The repair was fairly simple (except for disconnecting the lines and dropping the tank).
I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but our SC fuel pumps probably operate in a similar way.

Back