Anitlock brake and emergency brake lights stay on

derekhay316

Just replaced my rear brake pads and rotors. I had trouble with one caliper going back in though. I had to drain all the fluid and smack at it with a hammer and c clamps until it would go in. I put it on (fitted a little tight) and bolted er all up and bled it. Now when i start the car the antilock brake light and emergency brake light are always on? The antilock brake light goes off every once and a while. Any idea what this could be? Do i have to reset the computer or what?

derekhay316 said:
Just replaced my rear brake pads and rotors. I had trouble with one caliper going back in though. I had to drain all the fluid and smack at it with a hammer and c clamps until it would go in. I put it on (fitted a little tight) and bolted er all up and bled it. Now when i start the car the antilock brake light and emergency brake light are always on? The antilock brake light goes off every once and a while. Any idea what this could be? Do i have to reset the computer or what?

Not sure on the older rear calipers, but on my '94, they weren't a "push in" type deal, you had to spin them in. They make a special tool to do it, but I just used channel locks. You might have damaged something by pounding on them.

All of our rear calipers turn in. I would check the brake fluid level and you may have to bleed the whole system. Good luck

Back