stall while feathering throttle

Digitalchaos

While waiting outside a store tonight I was feathering the throttle slightly, between idle and a few hundred more RPM than that. Normally when the gas is released during these conditions the RPMS will fall slightly below idle then return to normal. However, at one point, the rpms dropped low, the engine stumbled for a few seconds, then died.

Where should I start looking to find the cause of this? And I wonder if it could be related to my starting issues?

Digitalchaos said:
While waiting outside a store tonight I was feathering the throttle slightly, between idle and a few hundred more RPM than that. Normally when the gas is released during these conditions the RPMS will fall slightly below idle then return to normal. However, at one point, the rpms dropped low, the engine stumbled for a few seconds, then died.

Where should I start looking to find the cause of this? And I wonder if it could be related to my starting issues?

it could be that you have a small vacuum leak somewhere too, mine does that everyonce in a while because my throttle body linkage needs a new bushing and it has a small vacuum leak. but maybe not just another thing to throw at ya! good luck

Back