PDA

View Full Version : Got a base-line for my 2nd SC...

007_SuperCoupe
04-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Well, I got to the track on the first open day here and was very impressed with my new '92 titanium bird. I ran a best of 15.007. I'll have to check the MPH again, but it was around 92-93. Here's a list of the KNOWN mods to the car:

Gutted cats
lowered 1.5"
aftermarket mufflers
transgo high rev shift kit
Removed air silencer (without saying....)
K&N panel filter

And as far as I know, that's it. I seriously doubt any work has been done to the blower as the stock resonator is still in place and I'm not seeing too much more than about 11 lbs of boost. Plus, a couple other people were there and commented that they couldn't even hear my blower at all. And I checked the rear gears last night and they are still the stock 3.27's. I"m getting ready to put in some 3.73's but wanted the base-line run first. I've also got some roller rockers that are going to go on as well, if there are not already some on there. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about this car. It's already faster than my '89 which I thought I had done a bit more to. What do you guys think?

Melon
04-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Sam - if I remember right, they couldn't hear mine either and I've got the 5% OD pulley.. I could hear mine :D but that was from the drivers seat.

-Andy "Melon"

007_SuperCoupe
04-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Mine is pretty quiet right now. I can't hear it at all over the exhaust...and as you know, mine isn't all that loud! I'm just thinking of the time that I can get with the 3.73's, a better resonator and a 10% on there...Low to mid 14's you think? I'm getting the last few parts to start her under the knife soon...The entire front suspension is going to be new. And then there's that little mod of the differential... ;) Then I don't think that you'll beat me quite as easily as you did. Not that I'm trying to get faster than you or anything...Just can't let a SC clone beat a true SC.

And my '89's supercharger is much louder. Of course that does have the '95 sc on it with the '89 pulley too. But that has a little quieter exhaust on it too. Except for that leak at the passenger side manifold...

At any rate, I just wanted to share that time was with stock gears. I thought that they might have been 3.55's just based on the differences in acceleration between the '89 and '92. But they're the same. The '92 just pulls so much harder though. Not sure why, but I'm happy that it does. I think that with a little fine tuning of the 1-2 shift point and I can get into the high 14's. That's pretty quick I think for a shift kit and gutted cats!

Melon
04-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Then I don't think that you'll beat me quite as easily as you did. Not that I'm trying to get faster than you or anything...Just can't let a SC clone beat a true SC.

Come on now - your trying to be faster than me and you know it :D My ending goal is mid 13's, but we'll see what happens between now and when I reach it.

I've got the same supercharger as your 89 does, just with a different pulley - and when do you plan to go with the 3.73's? I'm curious to see what the drop in E/T will be since those are the gears I'm thinking about going with.

-Andy "Melon"

007_SuperCoupe
04-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Isn't that supercharger slightly ported?? Just curious! I was thinking that it was, but maybe not. And my '89's a dog compared to the '92. Can't spend too much though. Got to pay off all the "fixes" before I can put more into it. Just the 3.73's and that'll be it for now. The front suspension should make HUGE difference in the handling of it. As well as tires. Those that are on it suck back. I can't go around any corners withough drifting to the outside! It sucks!

At any rate, I'm hoping for somewhere around .4 to .5 drop in time...Not too sure if that is possible with the gears or not. We'll see though! At this point I'm not sure if it will stay a V6 or not. I may do the swap with this one. Still pretty undecided as of now. If it weren't for that whipple project it would be an easy choice, but now it's a bit more complicated. I guess I'll wait to see some final #'s for it to see if that is what I want to go with.

Melon
04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Nope - the blower isn't ported. The plenum might be, don't remember if we got around to that or not.

Yeah... I'm curious to see whipple numbers as well.. Two questions for ya:
1) You be swinging up to Omaha on June 6th?

2) Did you want to get together sometime betwen now and June 6th to talk about Labor Day? E-mail me either way and we can set up a good day to get together if needed.

-Andy "Melon"