Im Ready To Junk It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debo92sc

YOU GUYS WANNA TALK ABOUT BAD LUCK, MY CAR HAS BEEN DOWN FOR 4 MONTHS AND NOBODY COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT. SO WE DECIDED TO PLAY TRIAL AND ERROR, REPLACED DIS MOD, DIDN'T WORK THEN WE REPLACED PLUGS AND WIRES AND WE FOUND A CRACKED PLUG AND THAT FIXED EVERYTHING AND I WAS SO HAPPY. WELL ON THE WAY HOME I DECIDED TO JUMP ON IT A LITTLE BIT AND THE BOOST WENT TO 12LBS LKE NORMAL THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT FELT LIKE THE BOOST QUIT BUT THE GUAGE STILL READ 12LBS??? DOESN'T DO IT EVERYTIME THOUGH. ANYWAY STILL ON MY WAY HOME SITTIN AT LIGHT ALL OF THE SUDDEN ANTIFREEZE ALL OVER MY HOOD AND WINDSHEILD :mad: FOUND OUT IT WAS A OIL COOLER LINE,COOL EASY TO FIX. GET THE NEW PART PUT ITON DRIVE AROUND THE BLOCK AND BLEW A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE RADIATOR :mad: :mad: WTF!!!

Don't quit now. And there is never a problem, only a solution!

The solution is now you can get that Aluminum Griffin Radiator you always wanted!

Pull your chin up. All these type of things happen. Usually it's just spread out a little more. But at least you can get it all out of the way now. That way you can enjoy your ride for years to come!

Anthony

it sounds liek you havent even found the real problem. If in two instances you blew something in the coolant path that tells you there is too much pressure. You're radiator cap isn't working, and/or the line to your coolant res is plugged. This isn't allowing any pressure to escape the system causing stuff to blow out at the weak points. Ebay has new rad. for like 140. Look for "thunderbird sc".

Andy 94SC said:
You might want to rephrase that.

But there is a chance you might have a headgasket leak of some kind going on.

yeah i guess that didn't sound very good :rolleyes:

can i check for that with a pressure tester?

Hello debo92sc. It does sound like you have pressure buildup within the cooling system. Two different places in the system failed, and the radiator hole would take quite a bit of pressure.

This could be caused by heads/headgaskets, intake gaskets, and clogged overflow hose/bad radiator cap.

You can pressure test the system with either a cheap radiator screw-on kit from a parts store, or you could compression test it by removing the plugs one by one and installing a gauge. This is likely your best option in diagnosing a gasket failure.

Have you checked for other possible symptoms of problems? Some things I would look for include coolant in oil contamination, oil in coolant contamination, heavy white lingering exhaust fumes, leaks from various cooling system gaskets like thermostat, waterpump, timing chain cover, other gaskets, pop during acceleration, underhood smoke, and others.

You said no one was able to diagnose your previous problems? What types of mechanics have you taken the car to so far.. dealer, small shop, chain shops? A reputable technician/mechanic should have little trouble with these. You can find a list of good mechanics in your area on these forums.

Lastly, what is the condition of your car? If there are expensive problems beyond your current capacity to fix them or have them fixed, it is likely still worth something to others here.

Hope that helps, and let us know some more details!

Actually, isn't there a chemical test available to determine if exhaust gases are present in the coolant? That might help determin if the headgaskets or something have gone without reassembling the car with a new radiator, just to test.

AAMOF there is also a chem test you can get to check for exhaust gases in the coolant.

In the event that your HG's are bad, there are members here who will redo them for a reasonable price if you need assistance.

Back