G-tech - 281 rhwp number

trwnum2

Hey everyone,

I just got a hold of a gtech and ran some horsepower tests and was wondering how accurate they may seem

I dialed in at the weight i received from a 1/4 mile track scale and got 282, 281 rwhp 2 times and 264 1 time in 3 tests in third gear

I only have the simple bolt ons for the car, Magnum powers blower, inlet, rasied top, t/b c&l maf, 38lb injectors, .030 bored rebuilt engine, ported manifolds, 2 1/4" exhaust to 3" through tow 40 series flowmasters,

anyway - if i were to get a chip do you think i might be able to reach the magic 300 mark?

also what 1/4 time would you expect - 5 speed, stock 2.73s - thinking of 3.27s, let me know your experiences with the rearend gears

thanks

i wouldn't trust those things. Go to a real dyno and see what you get. pLus you'll be able to tune thigns while you're there.

Unless you plan to use a whipple or nitrous, I don't think you can hit the 300 rwhp mark without having ported heads.

David

I don't think you can hit the 300 rwhp mark without having ported heads.
Greg Coleman is at 311 RWHP currently, with what I consider to be "stock heads" by today's standards. He has a stock cam, stock intake valves and some mild porting done to the exhaust. Then again....he has every bolt-on imaginable, including a FMIC.

...And being a 5-speed car always helps! ;)

As for the Gtech, I'd say that number is pretty accurate. We Gteched Dave's whipple project at 280something RWHP and it dynoed 288 RWHP.

My buddy used the Bell version, the fx1, on his wrx imprezza. He found out before using it, that the car was dynoed @ 248 wheel hp - all wheel drive at that. And the fx1 said anywhere from 243-256 hp. But I would suggest getting dynoed and tuned, it always helps. Congrats though if the #'s are accurate. Gives me more faith in pearl's power #'s upon her completion.

Greg Coleman is at 311 RWHP currently, with what I consider to be "stock heads" by today's standards. He has a stock cam, stock intake valves and some mild porting done to the exhaust. Then again....he has every bolt-on imaginable, including a FMIC.

Bill,

It sounds like Greg has oversized exhaust valves and at least some porting done to the heads. I can't imagine anyone installing oversized valves and not unshrouding the valves and polishing the chambers. The level of rework on Greg's heads may be mild compared to what you and I have, but they are not stock.

David

The weight has to be exact for the Gtek to be accurate. I dyno'd 199 HP at the wheels. I weighed the car, and drove 2 miles to our "quarter mile" strip of highway and tested the HP. It said 203 HP.

Back