1989 FORD THUNDERBIRD SC INFO Needed :)

D

darkchylde

1989 FORD THUNDERBIRD SC, 5spd STD, New Black Paint, New Safety, Good Working Condition, 140,000 kms, Asking $4,895 CDN

Looking to purchase this SC.

Need to know the following :)

- What should I look for that should have been repaired at this point on the car or that will probably need to be repaired?

- What should I offer on this car if in "good working condition" .. ie almost 5000 is alot for a 89..

- Any other info that i should investigate.. any common rust areas? oil leaks? etc

Thanks

Spend $100.+- at a mechanics shop of your choosing for an inspection before you buy it. If the car is in good shape the owner won't mind, he can even drive it there if he doesn't trust you with his car. If there's lots wrong with the car he won't want it to be inspected and you should just walk away. It could save you a fortune in repair bills. These cars were not built for poor people but can easily make you poor. Good luck

Since Ive bought my first SC in feb of 03. Its a 89 5 speed as well. The major issues I found with my car is cracks in the firewall and around rear wheel wells under rear seat. That was the big thing. Then ask if the harmonic has been replaced. If not make sure if u buy it u replace it. U dont want to have to get towed home. Been there. One more thing check motor/tranny mounts. When I pulled my engine I found that my driver side mount was broke and I wore about half way through the oil pan. But all in all I love the car. I paid in that area for mine but I got 2 motors 3 trannies and almost half a car in parts.

Doug

Back