PDA

View Full Version : SC Purchase Advice

PeteSC
04-28-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm interested in buying this SC, but the dealer is asking $8,000 for it right now. I know thats a high price.
What would be reasonable for me to offer him for it?

Here are the details:

5-speed
Mileage: 62,545
Factory 10CD changer in the trunk, Cass/Radio on the dash, Leather

Pictures click here (http://www.petelavelle.com/SC/)

Thanks.

Shockwave
04-28-2004, 10:47 PM
$5000-5500

Mike8675309
04-28-2004, 10:58 PM
I would agree. 5000-5500. From a dealer you have no idea the history of that vehicle. Low miles means little. It's still an old car. I didn't see a moon roof.

If you want to buy a 94 or 95 5 speed for that kind of money, you can find some in the for sale section here and you'll get their history as well.

stocker 89
04-28-2004, 11:05 PM
They will still be making a bundle off you... Reads like that salesman is trying to steal a quick bundle off you ... I am sure they got it on trade in and didn't give the trader more than a 1'000 towards his new ride...Point out its worth in kelley blue book to them they would be lucky to get that much for a car with no warrenty and is 10 yrs old...

PeteSC
04-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going up there on Saturday and I'll offer him $5,000 for it and see what he says. I'll let you know how it goes.

Digitalchaos
04-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I would certainly offer significantly less. While these cars are nice, they currently have no special value outside of our community, and there are many nice modified excellent condition SCs available for that price range.. especially when willing to travel.

As previously stated, the history on this vehicle is unlikely to be very complete. Maintainance and driver habbits are very important for a stock low mileage SC, it can mean the difference between a like new car and a car with potential repair costs in excess of the purchase price.

At the very least, I would have it inspected by a technician with a known reputation. They should be able to provide insight as to its history.

Although the car is worth $5000.00 if it is in excellent condition, in these specific circumstances I would not offer more than 4k unless you can verify it.. there are usually at least a couple SCs available similar to this one.

On the other hand, I do not know how many are available on the current market and I was personally willing to pay more for mine because one with similar options was hard to locate.

I hope that helps you at least a little, and if you need to know anything else simply ask.. there are a few significant issues which could affect an SC with even this mileage. Goodluck!