Hey I got another windshield washer fluid container with pump ???

stocker 89

I put it on it works good enough seems to be a little weak the old pump was broke and never worked since I got the car.. So I don't know... Were they weak from the factory or not? What might my problem be? Should I route it different ??? This is great wow a clean windshield..HA HA COOL !

When you say that its a little weak, what do you mean by weak? If its not coming out of the sprayers than it might just be replacing the two sprayers and possibly the trap fitting underneath the brake master cylinder.

aaron

Ahh it is spraying the bottom third of the window...

I was hopeing it would spray to at least up to the half or above ...

What is the sensor on the bottom of the resivor for ... How does it work??? This sensor with the connector pluged in just snaps off the bottom of the resivore is this right????

Something is defunct with your spraying system if yours is only getting 1/3 of the windshield. My factory one would fill the window area and also mist the sunroof. If it is lacking pressure then id try to do something with the nozzles first, they are cheap even from FORD.
The sensor on the bottom of the tank... I've only had to replug it in. Not sure how it is mounted in the tank. The sensor will tell you when the tank is low and display it on the VMM.

aaron

Yeah esco90sc

It squirts out in a straight line then spreads... So not enough pressure is what it looks like. Could be blockage from not being hooked up for years... I'm gonna try and run the line over the shock tower instead of beside maybe gravity will help...

Hey Mike8675309

Mike8675309 said:
Sensor = Washer Fluid Low indicator in the VMM.

VMM sensor ok thanks.. What I am wondering is how does it work??? Is it set off by temp, weight, or what?? Strange how it just clips onto the plastic resivore doesn't actually go into the fluid there is a plastic barrier (resivore) between it and the fluid and the sensor itself is wrapped in plastic...

"The windshield washer indicator operates similarly [to the coolant sensor] but uses a float type sensor. When the monitor senses a constant battery voltage at its input it will enable the low light."
Thats from a article on the VMM and its operations and such.

As far as spraying, I'd still recommend checking to make sure there isnt a pressure loss in the lines. You might just be leaking water somewhere and you dont know it. If not then go for the nozzles. The last place that changed out my front windshield were disphits and broke one of them. After I got it replaced it spray much better. Residue can build up in them and clog them up of sorts. If you try to clean them with a pipecleaner or the likes you will damage the form of the jet and the pressure won't be good enough for a normal spray. You could possibly clean them in some sort of solution and kills calcium and gunk build up.

Good luck,
aaron

Ok I will check for leaks and give it a good cleaning...

esco90SC said:
"The windshield washer indicator operates similarly [to the coolant sensor] but uses a float type sensor. When the monitor senses a constant battery voltage at its input it will enable the low light."
Thats from a article on the VMM and its operations and such.

AHHH I must not have the correct set up then.. There is a float in the radiator overflow ... Not in the windshield resivore ..It just clips to the bottom of the resivore doesn't go into the fluid like the rad overflow does...I wonder if it is just a signal blocker and will always give the full sign and be set off even when I'm out of fluild.... I let you know if I get a low light next time it runs out....

Yeah, the 93+ tanks have an odd sensor. I haven't researched it yet, but it's not a float type sensor on them.

Back