What to do with stock heads

dodgetruck91

We are shooting for 13s with no bottle and we are wondering if we should keep stock heads or not, if so what should we do to it and who can work on them?

If you get most Every bolt on, you should be in the 13's. Mid-high. Ported heads/cam from stegimier will put you there with minimal mods.

A whipple will also get you there with minimal mods as it seems.

Chris

SilverCasket said:
goto Apten-Us.com and look into the heads/cam/chip/rocker combo. Nice start.

Anthony

Once the motor is done, it's going in something lighter than a T-Bird. I'll take a look at that combo.

dodgetruck91 said:
We are shooting for 13s with no bottle and we are wondering if we should keep stock heads or not, if so what should we do to it and who can work on them?

Stock heads should work but the valves are really shrouded, I had mine off so I de-shrouded them.

beforeafter.jpg

beforeafter2.jpg

hey, when u trimed by the valves, what kinda power increase did you notice, and what did youo use to do that, just a dremel tool and a weel?

I haven't ran it yet, I bought the car with a blown head gasket so I won't be able to measure an increase, I will however get some 1/4 mile times when I'm done. The rest of the car is all stock.

I used an air grinder with a rotary file to trim them down. You have to be very careful not to hit the valve seats.

dodgetruck91 said:
hey, when u trimed by the valves, what kinda power increase did you notice, and what did youo use to do that, just a dremel tool and a weel?

Back