Aluminum spare with Mark VIII brakes?

lazybird4pt6

SC Aluminum spare with Mark VIII brakes?

Hey all!!

The question is in the Title.

Will they work? Spacer required?

Please and Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
It should fit, same size and pattern as ours. A lot of the Marks will have aluminum spares in the trunk. Good luck

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I should have specified SC Aluminum spare. While I do know that the SC and Mark VIII have the same bolt pattern, I don't know if they have the same size spare, hence my need to ask. Unfortunately, should and do are two very different things.

No offence taken, as far as I know, Ford only makes 1 aluminum spare and options it for around $400. which is why I grab every one that I find. It weights 20lb instead of 30lb for the steal spare. Good luck

The rears are the same size. So it will fit at least the rear. If it is a 16" wheel I am pretty sure it works....

Chris

Andrew, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it will. The Mark VIII lists a 16" spare, so I don't believe that the T-Bird 15" mini-spare would clear the 11.6" front brakes. No cheap skinnies at the dragstrip for you!!

cheers,
Ed N.

Yeah, figures! I'll have to try at Sean's one day and see if it works before I buy. No big deal, I guess. They look dumb anyways (no offense to anyone who uses these at the track).
I wonder if I could find someone to narrow the 16" stock wheels..... hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Sounds too expensive already.

Thanks for the replies all!!!!!

Back