Bad 93 Octanage Gas..

sevilla

Could a bad 93 Octanage Gas make my car shake in the mornings or when its in Parking with 900 rpms idle, it dies ?

Ford was concerned about excess engine vibration ...

So this is why they used hydrolic filled motor mounts... To cut down on vibration... I use solid mounts... Maybe you just have to let it warm up all engines vibrate... If you start the car and go look at crank balancer and pulley while it is ideling it will look like it is wobbling because of vibration.. Then have sombody step on the throttle and you will notice the pulley straighten out when you give it gas....

Yes the SC has a problem with not getting enough gas to 3 and 6 cylinders has to do with fuel rail and where the fpr is on the rail ... This could make the engine vib...This is where the EGR comes in if you have one it recirculates gas fumes into the chambers to insure that there is some combustion untill the car is good and warm ...

If you are experiencing sputtering under boost or stalling it could be that the car just isn't warm enough yet... SCs run best when they are at the correct operating temp and the outside air temp is cold...

its some strange.. i dont get any check engine.. the boost gauge point near of 10 before of "0" and the car begin to shake.. the RPM gauge start to point in differente RPMs.. in about 800-1000 .. a little after, the car feel it accelerate and the boost gauge point in the "." before "0" .. for some minutes, it appear all ok.. but suddenly, the car dies..

I just want to clairify

That under throttle the EGR is closed because you have plenty of fuel pressure getting to all cylinders.. The EGR is only used during idle and warmup because you don't have good fuel pressure and the EGR compensate for this.. During idle fuel pressure is around 32.... You will also notice your bypass valve is open at idle so check it....

Yes bad gass can cause problems... I used some 92 octane with ethanol it caused me problems... Sometimes you just never know how good of gas you are getting for sure.. GOOD LUCK..

Stocker 89, you have got to quit spreading that EGR misinformation. :mad: It's getting a little rediculous. If you think the EGR works under idle then you should open it during idle and see what happens. Try this: take a vacuum pump and attach to EGR then while engine is idling start opening the EGR valve by pumping your hand vacuum pump. I will bet you the car dies. You can't have engine vacuum leak that big under idle.

EGR is CLOSED under idle and wide open throttle. It's only partialy opened under light throttle and cruise conditions.

Why don't you learn how the EGR works and what it is for? If you aren't willing to learn then I'm going to quit helping you. :(

Jerry

stocker 89 said:
Yes the SC has a problem with not getting enough gas to 3 and 6 cylinders has to do with fuel rail and where the fpr is on the rail ... This could make the engine vib...This is where the EGR comes in if you have one it recirculates gas fumes into the chambers to insure that there is some combustion untill the car is good and warm ... QUOTE]

EGR is exhaust gas recirculation it's already burnt dude. When it's reintroduced back into the intake it's to dilute the mixture and lower the combustion temp. This reduced NOx (emission) and allows you to run more timing advance at part throttle (the reason why people who block EGR port get part throttle ping). There is no way that exhaust fumes are going to richen the mixture for lean cylinders.

Stick to giving advice on what you KNOW.

Jerry

Shockwave you really are an idiot...

I went to ford and was told the bypass valve is part of the egr system.... When the bypass valve is open so is the EGR... This is at idle.... The SC runs so rich that it uses exhaust gas ... IF you don't believe me Well I just proved it to you on another thread ...

What I want you to do is stick a Spark plug in the tail pipe then light it and see what happens...

Here is something else you can do...

Disable you fuel injectors ... Then spray a mist of gas into your throttle body.. Yes it will run on gas vapors and fumes .. Exhaust gas recirculation...

It is all about having the air to fuel right...

If a SC has idle problems it is do to faulty EGR...

No offense Sevilla but I think this thread turned into less about the EGR and more about the EGO :rolleyes: ...Just hope you get it fixed....

Rick in FL :cool:

Yeah sevilla I hope you figure it out...

You might not even have EGR... If you got no codes. Check your bypass valve and see if it is sticking... At idle it should be open.. When you give it throttle it should close...

I had idle problems and code 32 EGR not seated... I fixed the egr now I can start my SC and not even touch the gas pedal and it will start and keep on a running don't even have to give it throttle ...It will even control the idel like a choke... It will idel at a 1000 to 1500 until it is warm then it falls to 800 this is in PARK..Idels great in DRIVE at 600 ... I also had warm start up problems like it wasn't getting enough gas... Not any more...

Back