Strange Brake, VMM ,blinker elec problem

Chuck AZ

Well I may sound strange that all of those are related but they are on my car. The past few weeks I have had trouble starting the car witht he factory security ( press the brake before start). It seems to be getting worse in that some times it acts up and I have to try 3 times to start it and when I do the VMM does not lite up the blinkers do not work and also the E brake and ABS light stay on while I drive.
Well today it go worse. On top of all this stuff not working and lights coming on I lost my power brakes while driving and when I went tonight to restart it took 4 times for me to get everything to work.

Is this all related to the brake switch for start up or do I have more electrical problems?

Thanks
Chuck

I can't answer it for sure, but I guess I can throw some possilities out there. I had my ABS light and Brake lights come on and screw with me before, it turned out my battery terminals were REALLY bad. Just a thought, I don't know what would cause it entirely. I have a 93, so, lots of things are different I'm sure, for instance the brake interlock to start the car. But, they're only like $2 if that ends up being a possible problem.

Nick

try replacing the brake switch. it's only a couple bucks. when mine was acting up i ended up breaking my ignition switch into 3 pieces because of the extra force needed to turn it over.

Back