Exhaust Matching

thewood

Exhaust Matching Problem

Open the following PICS and tell me what's missing?

Exhaust diagram
Magnaflow Resonator with Cats
Resonator Flange and Flowmaster exhaust
Resonator Flange and Flowmaster exhaust pipe problem area
Entire Magnaflow Resonator Flange and Flowmaster exhaust
Hi,
I'm trying to piece together some exhaust parts for a 1990 Super Coupe.
I have a Flowmaster Force base system 17100 and a Magnaflow resonator with hi-flow cats and the down pipes. These two came off of two differnet super coupes. I Just got them the past week used.
PROBLEM: The resonator is flanged and the middle pipe leading to the Y pipe that attaches to the resonator isn't. Not sure but do I have a pipe missing or what here. I’ve attached a diagram of an exhaust system from a 1990. The 16002 pipe looks like it’s a resonator replacement, or is it?

Any experts out there willing to lend a hand. I’m thinking that either I have a pipe missing or I’m gonna need an adapter pipe made for this pipe to belly it up.
It's been pieced together.... here's what it sounds like (if you have Quicktime). Rev It Up
Here' a WindowsMedia version Rev It Up if you can stand the download time.

Last edited:
From the looks of the pics, it appers that the resonator and cats were attached to a stock rear section. You will have to either buy a flange and flanged pipe, or just have the existing flange removed from the resonator section and have it sleeved. Hope this helps, best of luck. Let us all know how it sounds as well.

pearl95sc said:
From the looks of the pics, it appers that the resonator and cats were attached to a stock rear section. You will have to either buy a flange and flanged pipe, or just have the existing flange removed from the resonator section and have it sleeved. Hope this helps, best of luck. Let us all know how it sounds as well.
Well I had it done buy a local shop here in town and they made a piece between the resonator and gastank pipe. It works and sounds good. A bit loud between 75 and 80 but that's ok
Quick time VersionRevitup
Windows Media version Revitup

Last edited:
Back