What are the 2 sensors that connect to the TB?

re

The stuff is pretty cool, when I was rebuilding my motor I was constantly hounding my mechanic about motor questions inbetween beers. The IAC idle air controll valve was the neatest thing I learned.

It basically controlls a bypass valve around the t-body so when an accessory starts up, alternator compresser etc it opens up to compensate for the extra drag on the motor so it stays running smoothly. Now that is a sweet idea.

this pdf should explain it. It is for the 94, but the tb is the same for all years of sc I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• TB IAC TPS DESCRIPTION.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 63
Heyyyy.. good, someone that rebuilt one of these motors. You shouldn't have said that because now I'm gonna be asking you questions.

Did you just go with stock pistons/rods when you rebuilt or did you get aftermarket? Forged or not?
What'd you do about the heads? Also, what kind of times are you laying down with what you've done?

re

I haven't made it to the track yet, but all I can say is the car feels very strong. I cough"streetraced"cough an 03 GT with exhaust and who knows what else and handed him his butt. I have also beat a GTP. If I had to guess on a 1/4 time it would be somewhere in the 13's.

I went with the stock rods and new pistons (hypereutetic) after a lot of debate. The forged parts are A, very expensive, B custom so it takes a long time to get them, C don't give you any more power. Basically they can hold out longer if something is wrong with your A/F ratio. If youre never going to run N2O or get above 350-400 rwhp, I wouldn't spend the money. That is my opinion.

The heads I ported and polished myself with the kit from summitt, and got a valve job done. I also got a new cam grind and thus new pushrods/valve springs. Arp head studs, 4.2L MLS headgaskets, and total seal racing piston rings sums up what is all different.
If I were to go back and change one thing I would look into getting bigger valves on the heads, and probably ARP main studs.

For bolt ons it is MP plenum, intake stuff, double IC, raised top, 5%, most of the stuff listed in my sig. You can also check my member page.

Hope that helps
Julian

Last edited:
i unhooked my iac and tps to put bigger throttle body on it never ran right idled at 2000 until i unhooked batterey to reset everything then it took 3 days 200 miles to quit stalling at stop signs

Back