My compliments to Duplicolor

Aaron Pedroza

I just thought I would share with everyone. I just spent some time cleaning up my old and tired paint this weekend. Actually, just the ground effects and trim. Well I used the 5oz aerosol can Twilight Blue to get rid of the white oxidation. I sanded it down, several stages starting with 800 to get rid of the rough spots all the way down to a 1500. Got to the scary part, painting, and it went on smooth. They make a great aerosol can, great spray pattern for what it is and it came out great. Color matched perfectly. I didn't sparay it with a clear coat, I know, I will, so there is no real shine right now but it looks soooooooo much better than it did. Now that is done I intend on touching up the hood and the top of the car, pretty bad oxidation. I know, spray cans, I was skeptical too but it looks pretty damn good. I am sure with the clear coat on it it will look a lot better. I also intend to wet sand it to get a smooth finish and polish it up to finish it off but for the little money I spent it is already worth it. So, to all you guys that have a crappy paint job and would like to improve it a bit without a lot of money then I'd go for it.

I'm impressed with their paints as well (though I've never used them on the body) with the exception of the hi-temp clear. I sprayed an engine bracket in chrome and it looked fairly decent. After it dried I used the clear, and it turned the finish a dull gray! :eek:

The hi-temp aluminum looks dull on the colored can top, but is really very shiny and looks great sprayed!

Back