Different Engine Year Swap??

Titanium Bird

Alright the big project begins. I have a 94 SC 5 spd. I was going to find an engine from a 94-95 SC and rebiuld that than swap the engines. But my question to you guys is, I have a 90 SC AOD with a blown head gasket. The car has been sitting for about 2 years. So instead of spending the money on an engine can I use the 90 engine. I want to use the 94 blower. I don't want to use the engine out of the 94 because I want to drive it until I am ready for the swap. Now I plan I doing alot of mods the to the engine I choose before it is put in the 94. Can this be done? Whats the best thing to do?

Last edited:
There are lots of goodies in the 94 engine like windge tray, full floating pistion pins,higher volume oil pump, higher compression pistions, thicker decked heads but if you are going all out on you 90 motor none of this plays a factor. The blocks are the same. you will need to use your 94 crank sensor as the early ones will not work with your year. Its hard to decide what to do.
Good luck

Engine differences, windage tray

Besides the windage tray and crank sensor, what else (besides the injectors and supercharger) is different between the 89-93 blocks and the 94-95 blocks. Ford insists on several differences, but I want to do about the same thing... a transplant from my 93 to my 95 while I rebuild the 95 engine.

One more thing, is there an effective aftermarket windage tray for my 93?

Back