Beat by a 04 Eclipse GTS

Callmewhitexr7

Well a couple of weekends ago I went to Oklahoma City to visit my family and my brothers friend has an 04 Eclipse GTS. My brother just told him that the T Bird was a V6 so he'd race. We lined them up at the light and when it hit green we were off. He pulled my *** hard. Thats the second person whos beat me. It was about 1.5 to 2 cars. His eclipse is a completely stock 5 speed. Should he have beaten me like that, cause I've race GTP's that run 14.2's and only been beat by a fender and the Eclipse is supposed to run a 15.2 stock.

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
Well a couple of weekends ago I went to Oklahoma City to visit my family and my brothers friend has an 04 Eclipse GTS. My brother just told him that the T Bird was a V6 so he'd race. We lined them up at the light and when it hit green we were off. He pulled my *** hard. Thats the second person whos beat me. It was about 1.5 to 2 cars. His eclipse is a completely stock 5 speed. Should he have beaten me like that, cause I've race GTP's that run 14.2's and only been beat by a fender and the Eclipse is supposed to run a 15.2 stock.

NICK

his car is obviously not stock then if he can pull on you that hard, because like you said if they run a 15.2, then if your car was stock it should be quite even, but like you said if u are pretty much keeping up with GTP's that run a 14.2, then he is not stock at all.

I know his car is stock cause I checked it over. But its kinda weird cause sometimes my car runs very well and other times it doesn't run as good. I also had my brother in the car with me so that added weight. But next time I go to OKC were racing again and I'm gonna see who wins. Anymore input??

NICK

04 GTS's might be rated at 15.2 stock but there's always some variance in cars, no two cars are created equal. :-D

My car seems to run better some times then others... I always figured it was either the gas or temperature, or some combination of the two. I really don't know though.

Well I know why he beat me now. I didnt mention that my car messed up the very next day, because i thought it had something to do with the transmission locking up, well anyways i found out today that its not the tranny its the motor thats locked up. When I pulled the drain plug pieces of metal came out not very big though. Could these be the main bearings?

NICK

Well not the main bearings. Its the crank. Broken in half between the rear two rods. Has anyone else had a problem with the crank breaking in a stock sc with only 8 thousand miles on it, and could breaking the motor in and driving around for about 4 thousand miles with a broken Balancer do this damage to the engine? I know this should be in the technical forums but just any help?

NICK

UM!!!... yes that would cause it , hence the balancer (key word here)="Harmonic"---centers/stablizes the crank. Tough luck my brother, was that a new harmonic balancer you put on after rebuild???

No the balancer was broken when put back on the car, The shop told me that it needed a new one, but they wanted like 600 bux to put it on and i can do that myself for a couple hundred. So i told them no. So the whole break in process was done with a broken balancer. Around 4 thousand miles after i got the car I actually noticed the balancer was broken only because the car barely ran. Changed the balancer and didn't expect anything else to come of it. Lil did I know that only 5 thousand miles later the crank would break. How much will a stock crank run? Thanks

NICK

I hate to say it but youll need your whole motor gone over now..Best off finding another motor to throw in or anothe rone that you can rebuild and throw in

I actually pulled the whole motor apart and took it to a motor shop and had them check it out and they said its fine. So i had it washed and got a new crank for 110 bux and ordered the 2 new pistons for it and I'm putting new rod, main, and cam bearings in it. It should be done this week or first of next week. Thanks

NICK

How's this whole thread coming along? Did you ever get back up on that Eclipses ace? If not find him. I have a little NEON that would love to play. Well, considering I can get it back on the road. It doesn't like burnouts much. And if you did get up on him and walked it like you should have. Then I'll play with you. I'm all stock sans the BOV, TT, and MM. I'm also about to put the springs that I used to have on it before everyone started crying that rode too rough. I realized afterwards that IT'S MY DAMN CAR!!! Ohh I'm new(kinda) to the site. I have a friend on here. I think it's rich95xr7. I come to bug him all the time about that damn big body, he might as well be racing an Escalade. Ayyy I joke. He's reading this as I'm typing it.
Justus

crazysrt said:
How's this whole thread coming along? Did you ever get back up on that Eclipses ace? If not find him. I have a little NEON that would love to play. Well, considering I can get it back on the road. It doesn't like burnouts much. And if you did get up on him and walked it like you should have. Then I'll play with you. I'm all stock sans the BOV, TT, and MM. I'm also about to put the springs that I used to have on it before everyone started crying that rode too rough. I realized afterwards that IT'S MY DAMN CAR!!! Ohh I'm new(kinda) to the site. I have a friend on here. I think it's rich95xr7. I come to bug him all the time about that damn big body, he might as well be racing an Escalade. Ayyy I joke. He's reading this as I'm typing it.
Justus

Is it just me that doesn't understand that post?

KwikGSeX said:
Hes trying to show off that he has a Neon that runs 14.0's bone stock and lowered.. :rolleyes:

Which is impossible cause stock neons are slower then stock dodge rams.. i know from much experience with those races lol

my old truck 1997 dodge ram 1500 extended cab short bed 5.9L v8 automatic i use to whoop every neon that lined up and theres alot of them around here hehe

89SCNJ said:
Which is impossible cause stock neons are slower then stock dodge rams.. i know from much experience with those races lol

Nah hes got an SRT-4 which means its a 14.0 car bone stock..

bet if he added a big sticker on the side it would do 9's. LOL.

"bigger stickers make em quicker "(rice burner racer).. not me...

Back