OK guys one last question on my new wheels...

• Thread starter Back n black bird
  • Start date
B

Back n black bird

OK guys one last question on my new wheels...

What size tires should i buy?? i'm going with the 18's cause i can't justify spending $6000 on 20" wheels. Thats just fuckin mental i think, and its not needed. BUT what size tires should i put on these 18's? need to know soon, should have them ordered by tomorow. And in next week. I'm thinking 255 40 18

Re: OK guys one last question on my new wheels...

Sounds good, but maybe put a little meat in the rear? 275 will fit fine, 285 might rub a bit without roling the fender a bit

255 or 245 sounds great for the front

Here's the link to the shot of mine from the Carlisle pics. I have 18 x 8-1/2" Fittipaldi "Force" wheels with P255-45ZR18 tires. These wheels are not available in T-Bird 5 on 4.25" bolt pattern, I did the Mustang hub conversion on mine. The car is lowered with Eibachs, so approx. 1-1/2" down. Fits nice on the front, little bit of rubbing on the rear until I get the fender lips rolled or cut. That tire size is about 1/2" taller than stock, so with a 245-45-18 or 255-40-18, clearance would be better.

HMMM this guy is having rubbing problems with 255 ...soo 275..i dunno taze

ruota_mm11special.gif

mm11 special's

wonder if one can get these in our bolt pattern :) oh and they are surpose to look shinier then that in thepicture:)

Alsodoes Mille still make the MM11 PLus's in our bolt pattern??

who cares about those wheels kevin, i asked for a tire size.

wow i like those wheels

I wouldn;t mind those wheels on my car

what car did you buy?

none yet

jamie : since the outer DIAMETER of the overall package is virtually unchanged, as would where the width of the tire sits.... 245 are obviously no problem, thats what I had before. I know there was plenty of space around those, and my car is also lowered. I would Bet that you will have no problems to 265/275. One thing, if you skimp on size now you will probably regret it later!

Yea maybe Tony, but thats just WAY too much. Also 20's i think take away from the car...and from pictures, makes the car sit higher..

I meant tire wise Bigger. Throw something slightly larger on the back (wider). It will give the car a slight rake, and also aid with traction. Thats what you wont regret.

Maybe its just me but i dont see a link

Back