ran a 14.1

super red91

Took my car to the track and made 7 passes, and ran a 14.1 each time. My best mph was a 99.8mph and my best 60ft was a high 1.9 with a bunch of 2.0's. I have hoosier quicktime pro slicks and started launching at 2500 and eventually went up to 3000. I tried slipping the clutch and dropping it, and neither made any difference. All i want it a 13.9 is that too much to ask?

super red91 said:
Took my car to the track and made 7 passes, and ran a 14.1 each time. My best mph was a 99.8mph and my best 60ft was a high 1.9 with a bunch of 2.0's. I have hoosier quicktime pro slicks and started launching at 2500 and eventually went up to 3000. I tried slipping the clutch and dropping it, and neither made any difference. All i want it a 13.9 is that too much to ask?

What are your mods dude? Just wondering

nice times! did you run that at dragway 42?

thats a really crappy track, you'd be in the high 13's at a better track (possibly norwalk). what do you have done to your sc?

mods:
magnaport II with 5%
magnum powers inlet plenum
85mm tb
87 pro m maf
intake
full exhaust
42 injectors, 255lph fuel pump
custom raised top
evo viii fmic
removed ac
jackshaft pulley
3.27 gears
hoosier quicktime pros

Yes i went to dragway42. Best 60' is was able to get was a 1.980, all the other 60's i had were low 2.0's. Im trapping at 98 consistently with a high of 98.9 mph. Sorry i dont have a scanner, but ill try to find one so i can post the slips. It just seems that the car isnt launching hard at all. I though i would be able to get some 1.8 60's?

dragway 42 is extremely notorious for bad traction, not to mention the cracks and bumps along the track :D You should be pretty happy with those times. If you went to another track with your hoosiers on......youd get the times your looking for. Your trap speed shows it.

Good luck in the future!! I wish i could make some runs with you but looks liek i cant do that for the next 6 months ( license suspended ) :eek: :mad:

Ya, get away from the hillbilly tracks. :D The real "race tires" will launch soft and squishy so it will feel lazy coming out of the hole. Don't feel bad, at a poor track I can run 13.0's all day long with 1.85 60 fts and then on a good track I can do 12.70's repeatedly with 1.75's or better. You should be able to let the clutch go at about 3500-3800 with no problems on a good track.

3500-3800 :eek: , i was afraid i was to high leaving at 3000. Dave are you just dropping the clutch, feathering it, or what? Also what kind of psi are you running, i tried 20 then 18, the 16.5 and nothing made a difference. I might be going to norwalk this friday (which would be tomorrow) if your interested. I want this 13.9 so bad :mad:

I let the clutch out pretty aggressive. The tires will take the shock out of it. You have to let them work for you. Remeber that 700rwhp cars are running the same tires to the tune of 1.4 sec 60's all the time. I would love to go on Friday, but I doubt I can. I don't have any cars running at the moment anyhow. :mad:

Dave last time i was over i saw 4-5 XR7/SC's and not one is running lol. If you need any help putting something back together i would be glad to help. Let me know.

Hey now, that is NOT funny! :cool: That is not exactly true, but they are not ready for the drag strip for sure. I have to pull down the top end of the Cougar before going to the track. Gotta do a little grinding on it first though. ;) Well, if you are really going to Norwalk on Friday, I may also drop out there for a look-see. I've got some other business on the west side to attend to.

Help? If you want, we could get together this weekend for a little thrashing on the XR7. I'm anxious to try out a new idea. :D

Oh, and there are 7 R-codes in my yard right now so there. :p

hey super red (sorry i can't remember your actual name)...how's tony doing with my old SC. i'm really missing that car now that the weather has gotten nicer. Has he taken it to the track yet?

Super red91 = ryan :D
I actually think he has it up for sale now for some reason? I havent talked to him in over a week since im at school, but this weeked i will prolly see him. If you look under the cars for sale forum his user name is TC84.

Back