head gaskets question

darkstar_one

ok ok. so i see how many people are doing head gaskets and im thining of doing mines too. because im losing oil like mad and because its time
its almost going to the 200k mark. Well everyone is going with FEL-PRO but ive seen the magic of VICTOR REINZ head gaskets on high out-put engines. Are the VIctor Reinz gaskets a good choice or am i just going head over heels.?

darkstar_one said:
ok ok. so i see how many people are doing head gaskets and im thining of doing mines too. because im losing oil like mad and because its time
its almost going to the 200k mark. Well everyone is going with FEL-PRO but ive seen the magic of VICTOR REINZ head gaskets on high out-put engines. Are the VIctor Reinz gaskets a good choice or am i just going head over heels.?

I used these on my recent rebuild...BTW...If you are passing oil you may wanna just do a refresh on the eng. if you are passing coolant then yea HG's for sure. Be a total shame to do HG's only to need a rebuild down the road...Whatever you do good luck with it...

Brad

What he said...oil consumption and head gaskets are not related. Unless the oil is leaking down thru your valve guides and seals, it may be time for a rebuild.

David

sorry thats what i ment. when im underneath the block i can see streaks of oil coming out of the heads. between the heads and the block there are streaks. also around the valves

The oil you are seeing is coming from either your intake end gaskets or valve cover gaskets. Head gaskets don't seal/leak oil.
How in the world did you manage to see oil around the valves by looking at the outside of your engine?

ohh i have x-ray glasses. what i ment was that there is oil coming from the valve covers. so the heads cant leak oil? as in between the head and the block? only the valve covers and whatelse?

Back