Tranny

ShadyShark24

From what i have heard the m5r2 is the weakest link in the SC and i was wondering if there is ways to beef up the m5r2 or a good replasement tranny that would bolt in. i want a tough one and i want to keep my 5 speed.i know a lot of you guys like your automatics but for now i still love egagin the clutch and shiftin it myself. :)

Ummmm.....I thought the AOD was the WEAKEST link in the SC!!!??? What happened, when did the AOD become a nice solid, long lasting tranny? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the M5R2s were the better of the trannys offered on the SCs...less problems than the AOD.

Nick

Please correct me if I'm wrong :confused:

The whole gear? or did the synchro just go bad? Manual trans. still have to be cheaper to work on and get fixed than the AODs ,which, when they end up with problems, are usually far worse off than the M5R2s. I haven't seen NEARLY as many people with manual tranny problems as opposed to those with AODs. Not that i've had AOD problems with any of my t-birds, actually, my AOD somehow is bomb proof itself...lol....the tranny fluid i just got changed was BROWN and smelled like motor oil!!! I took it to Ford to be nice and let them hook it up and flush it out, instead of just draining it and filling it up. So, it's still tickin better than ever!!! But, from what i've seen, the manuals are as stated above "bomb proof" unless you're doing things with them that aren't really considered "daily driving" ;) And remembe,r there are always exceptions to the norm, maybe your the exception!!!

Nick

Well what i heard is that if i upgraded my clutch im more likely to throw out syncros. Im sure the rest of the tranny would be in good shape its just them damn syncros.

Back