EEC tuner and .bin files

supercatxr7

I have the eec tuner from MN12Performance. I had currently been using files with the .eec extension, but have been given some .bin files for some new tuning. The car is a 90 xr7 with A9U2 eec. Can I use .bin files with the tuner and my eec. Do I need to clear the old files out, or just replace with a .bin file? I notice in the eec tuner software, it has a parse binary or .bin section. After I have dumped the .bin file in, it reverts it back to a .eec file if I retrieve modifications. Can anyone tell me the difference in file extensions and how it affects tuning? Is one type better than another?

Last edited:
Mark,

I went through the same thing.

Just go to parse binary, click on the file you want from where it is saved on your computer, and click okay. It will pop up and look just like your .eec files, and you can proceed with dowloading like normal.

Once you use the "parse binary" feature, it converts the text to look like the .eec file extensions you are used to seeing. One is not better than the other, as far as I know. They are just written in a different format.

Bill...

I'm guessing you have some tuning from Brian then?

Bill McNeil said:
Mark,

I went through the same thing.

Just go to parse binary, click on the file you want from where it is saved on your computer, and click okay. It will pop up and look just like your .eec files, and you can proceed with dowloading like normal.

Once you use the "parse binary" feature, it converts the text to look like the .eec file extensions you are used to seeing. One is not better than the other, as far as I know. They are just written in a different format.

Back