Koni strut install and problem

justin07

Hey guys, this is actually for my mark viii, but i'm using tbird sc front struts in it and i bought koni adjustable strut inserts since the stock struts were shot. anyway everything went nice and smooth until i lowered the car back on the ground, and it seems like the the strut rod came up through the car along with the bushing and the top of it isnt mounted to the car anymore just kind of dangling there. i'll put a pic to show exactly what i mean. anyone know what the problem could be? the only thing i can thing of is that i compressed the spring to much. i dont have much experience with coil springs, with the lincolns having air suspension and all.. but any help would be great. i put oa pic of the finished product too.
thanks

Justin

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 012R1.jpg
    Picture 012R1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 105
Wow, never seen that before. So did the upper shock mount fail? That might be dangerous to take apart now.

BT Motorsports said:
Looks like you left a washer out during your reinstall. Did you do the other side yet? If so, how does it look?

Paul

I did both sides, and have the same problem on both sides. and theres no parts left over i put them all back on.

Justin

Back