should i do it or not?!?! EXAUST!!!

bigwilly89sc

ok guys, its come down to the wire here, i need an exaust system on my coupe...
i went to the local exaust shop here in lorain ohio and they have an old chopper guy there doin the exaust systems. ive got a couple friends who have had exaust systems made for their cars and they have been pleased with the results.
i need to know if this sounds like a good price or not....

$525 out the door for...

1) custom 2.5" mandrel bent downtubes from the exaust manifolds
2) no cats
3) dual 2.5" inlet/single 3"outlet resonator
4) 3" single back exaust with single straight though magnaflow muffler and turndown pipe.
5) includes all hangers, fully welded aluminized steel all mandrel bent piping
6) out the door in one day for $525 or would i be overpaying??

PLEASE give me feedback!!

I would do it. That's probably your best bet.

Get a set of Headers or ported manifolds and I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it again.

Anthony

Word of mouth advertising is priceless, dude.

You also have to add to the equation your friends' opinions, who seem to be happy with the exhaust.

That price sounds about right.

I'd have to agree that that is a pretty good price for what you're getting, and you won't have to do any of the work either. Getting a kit or something, you'll still have to install it yourself or pay more to get that done (whatever you'd choose).

My one questions is...don't you Ohio guys have E-Check? How are you going to run no cats and be able to to pass emissions next time?

Nick

I would have it Y off in the rear to two mufflers. Other than that is sounds like a good deal. I have about $600 into my exhaust and that is catless down tubes and flowmaster resonator and mufflers.

If he is making new pipe from the manifolds back, have him take a die grinder and open up the bottom of your stock manifolds while he has the pipes off it. That would help a lot. I'd add the duals and it sounds like a fairly good deal.

You know Lorain was the final assembly point for the SC don't you?

thanks for the feedback

im gonna get it done, hey, i gotta get some serious **** done to my car before the meet here in ohio on the 15th!!! dont wanna be the only guy with a stock SC other then a B&M shifter and a removed silencer.. haha

about the e-check... well yeah we have to get e-checked, but only if yur car is registered in certain counties... yeah, im moving in a couple months to a county that doesnt have e-check... so im good to go!!! NO MORE E-CRAP FOR ME!!!

no, i dont want to have split rear exaust... if you think about it, its pointless... because my resonator is single 3" out... and im having single straight through magnaflow muffler on that. getting another muffler will only add almost $100 bucks... and around 30+lbs of weight back there... SCREW WEIGHT!!!!

thanks for the idea about having the guy port the bottom of my manifold, ill see if he can do that real quick while its off.... thanks again

ill post tomorrow or saturday to tell you guys how it sounds....

Adam

im moving out to toledo with some friends to get our bach degrees from the university of toledo out there. so its only for school, but ill have a home address out there to have my car registered to!! and im in lorain county now on the lake. hey man, may 15th if you are a member of SCCOA come out to summit racing before noon, were having a meet and cruzin down to mansfield or somethin sweet, bring a walkie talkie if you can.

im gettin my exaust welded and mandrel bent up on the car RIGHT NOW!!! i get it back tonight, ill post on how it sounds!!!!!!!!! thanks to all who helped influence my decision

well guys.... i got the exaust done. i payed the 525 cash......

and i must say....

it KICKS ***!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a million bucks!!!! LOOKS GREAT!!!! and is really quiet at idle with a REALLY deep tone but it gets a little aggressive when i step on it hard. ABSOLUTLY PERFECT.... and even with a straight through muffler and all.

im glad i did it. i cant drive it enough, its so much fun, i have a big stereo system in my car and now i dont even turn the volume up because im having too much fun listening to my exaust. tons of top end power but im gonna need to get a SC pully to make up for the bottom end. one of the best part is how good it smells. cats ruin the smell of burnt fuel. GET RID OF EM, it smells like the drag strip everyday, sweet like candy!!

Back