Air Resonator Removal & K&N air filter installation

The air silencer (resonator) sits UNDER your air filter box.

If you take the air filter out, you will see a hole in the sheet metal. that hole leads you into a goofy shaped box. That's the air silencer.

In order to remove it you will neet to take off the three nuts, and undo the splash shield to take it out.

i know that.... so is this to put a CONE FILTER or just to take off the AIR SILENCER and leave the the stock box their? cuz i thought this was to pop in a CONE filter... someone make me understand better?

Well, if you remove the air intake silencer, and maintain the panel filter, you have at least freed up a little juice and make your car sound cooler as that silencer is very restrictive. For a free mod, it is very worth it. Your also going to find some difficulty in trying to adapt the stock airbox to use a cone filter, I doubt there is room.

Once you go with a cone filter, your going to need either an aftermarket air box like the one SCP sells with their intake kits, or a home made air divider to keep the warm engine air out. So I would say dont worry about the cone filter until you have something like that ready.

Heres a walk through for removing the air silencer:
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/airbox/airbox.htm

Heres a link which has photos, to help you get a better idea of what you will be looking at:
an article on SCCOA

Back