2 second struggle, annoying

GREATWHITE666

hey guys, this only happens right after start up:
ok the car starts fine, no problem, it idles fine no problem, i put it in drive and everything is great, but when i step on the gas, as the boost gauge reaches zero, the car sputters for about 2 seconds at most, never more than 2 seconds, so i let off the gas all the way and then ease it again lightly and it's fine, it only does this that ONE time and then driving is absolutely normal at any speed, it doesnt do it again even if im at a stop light, only once after start up, when it does this it's like it cant get enough gas in time but then it gets enough and is fine. i was thinking fuel filter maybe? my car is a 95 and it has not been changed that i know of, help me out if you got an idea, im always afraid im gonna have to be running back to my car in a hurry with a mad dog or murderer chasing me,, and istart it and go to hit the gas and those 2 seconds of sputtering is enough for him to get to my window and break it.... thanks for any help--
Damon

sputter

any ideas? i want to take care of this now, especially if it is an early symptom of some big problem, could the fuel filter be a big possibility?

Back