PDA

View Full Version : Is a k'n air filter worth it for SC???pulley ? too

92SCMIKEMD
05-07-2004, 05:21 PM
How much hp can I expect from it??10-15??I also planning on a 5% or 10% undrive pulley too sometime which one has more hp the 5 or the 10??and where can i order one??

93SuperCoupeBoy
05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
In actuality....i'd say an air filter doesn't give you any extra horsepower. It would allow for better air flow...but really doesn't increase POWER by itself. It just allows a better air flow in the long run. The real difference between K&N and alike filters versus ordinary paper filters is that they are reusable. You can clean them and reoil them.

As for the pulley...10% would obviously overdrive it more than the 5% and thus make more power....HOWEVER...that extra overdrive has to be compensated for. The stock intercooler can handle for the most part the heat generated by the stock pulley and the 5% pulley. But...if you went with the 10% pulley without allowing for something to better cool the air charge, you're going to end up losing power or just staying the same at the best.

Do a search and this questions probably been answered MANY times over and over again. Everything I've said I've read myself ;)

Nick

XxSlowpokexX
05-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok,

The K&N panel replacement filter will give you a few ponies..Dont expect a headrush...Go with the 5% pulley..BTM sells them Lightweight..Look in group buy section for info..Yodu get a better answer if you tell us what mods you already have

Shooter_Jay
05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
I noticed when I put the k&n panel on my stock sc (7 years ago) a bit of an increase in feel of power. Could have been in my head but I don't think so. Also a week or so later I did the air silencer removal and was happy with that too, especially the sound.