This problem is really getting to me!!

ROCSC

my engine's RPM will drop to 1000 when im drivin at 110/120km/H

when i give it gas,the car will shake violently and the tach will be jumpin rapidly in one spot

so i replaced my coil pack to see if the problem will be solved and now when i give it gas,the car will shake a bit at 1100 and then it idle's smooth

when i let it idle, the tach is jumpin rapidly in one spot.

Please help me on this problem its drivin me NUTS!!

Thanks in Advance

ROC

Sounds to me like a cam sensor problem, seeing as how the cam sensor controls the tach, but I'm not sure thats the problem. Just wait a lil longer and someone that may have had this problem or someone that knows a lil more will be able to answer your ? .

NICK

Cam Sensor

Sounds like a cam sensor to me as well, I had similar symptoms with the tach jumping about 300 RPM up and down at idle. I replaced the cam sensor and haven't had a problem like it since then. they are about $30.00 US at most auto parts stores. I hope this helps you solve your problem! :cool:

cam sensor

I just had the same problem 2 weeks ago-replace your cam sensor.Its was 30 bucks and takes like 15 minutes to do .While you are at it , you should replace the crankshaft sensor too. Costs a little more and a little trickier to do, but its worth it to prevent running problems down the road. If your car has some miles on it this part will fail anyways sooner or later so you might as well do both sensors at the same time.

Back