Installed New SCP Exhaust system!

metalman

Yesterday my new exhaust system was installed. It was the SCP fabricated 2.5-3-2.5 system w/ Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow Resonator, and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers on stock manifolds. I was ready to buy the Kooks midlength headers buy at the last second I opted to hold off on them. In doing research, I see people running 360rwhp on stock manifolds and I'm now where near that. So for now I can use that money on other, more needed mods.

Half way through the install I went to see how things were going at The Muffler Shop. He first told me I got ripped off. He showed me 3 places where the pipes were hitting the undercarraige and the mufflers wouldn't fit either. He had to keep the car another day and he did some cutting and welding and did a phenominal job in installing it! I am very impressed.

The system is very good. I guess when your building it to ship without the car to fit it on, things might not be perfect. But Travis at The Muffler Shop came through.

The sound it great! At idle the exhuast note is low and a bit rumbling (which is good) It had a noticable volume, but not overly loud. And when stepping on it, it does not pop or get ricey. It is a solid gradual raise it pitch.

It's not my dads '88 Mustang or my brothers '88 bird or my other brothers '95 cobra, or my moms '95 V8 T-bird for that matter. I like that. Two thumbs up

This weekend I am gonna finally install my 10% overdrive SC pulley and 3:55 gears.

So far I have ported/Polished heads, completely rebuild engine 3K miles ago, Port matched t-body, plenum, ported lower intake, and ported manifolds, removed air silencer (woo-hoo), removed a/c system, and now, new exhuast system. My hp/tq is slowly climbing...in due time.

Does anyone have any guess as to the hp/tq I might have now?

Thanks, just wanted to share

Metalman

With the SCP exhaust,C&L 76MM MAF,75 MM BBK throttle body
with ported plenum to match the throttle body .I had 220 RWHP,
and 333 RWTQ.

Randy

yes, but randy I think something is wrong with your car. I would venture to say that it has had the lowest HP numbers per mod than any other SC. :)

Didn't you see almost no gain at all from the MP blower?

SCOTT L. No i have not had it dynoed since I had fix the head gasket.
Since i have added a couple more bolt ons,I need to.I was wanting to
get it dynoed at the last TBU meet.But my new tranny went out testing
some new parts.I rev it up well past 6000 RPM and the tranny came apart.
Havent takin it out to look at it yet.The trans is direct drive now will
not disenguage.

I drove it once since then to check out a k-member.Then took the front
end back off,and parked it in the weeds. But can't get a tranny to stay
in it.I don't now if it the tans or a B&M torque convertor ballooned in it.
I think I may give up on it because of the AOD will never match my driving
style.

RANDY

1BADSC said:
yes, but randy I think something is wrong with your car. I would venture to say that it has had the lowest HP numbers per mod than any other SC. :)

Actually those numbers are right where they should be. With similar mods I dyno'd 225rwhp and 335 rwtq on my 5spd car. That was good for a 14.5 @ 95mph on a good track and with good traction.

added 10% OD pulley and more

Today I added the 10% OD pulley for the supercharger and ****! That thing woke my car up. I am, for the first time, feeling the acceleration.

Yesterday my boost read at just about 10lbs w/ my new exhaust system. (The obviously expected drop in the boost # w/ bigger exhaust) But today w/ the OD pulley I read about 14 lbs of boost.

At U-Wrench-It today I saw the coveted Lincoln Mark VII, a '92, and pulled the spindels, rotors, etc, etc, and a phat tranny cooler from a '90something Explorer. I was gonna grab the aluminum driveshaft as well, but that was already snagged. The cooler is going on tomorrow. The spindels, probably next weekend and then my 3.55 gear.

Peace,
Metalman

just curious, what the heck are you gonna do with thost mark vII spindles?? You need the '93+ Mark VIII spindles to upgrade to the bigger brakes if thats what you wanted to do.

Jeramie

Can't wait to hear your car, Anthony. If I ever get my lean code problems figured out, I'll be out that way!

I KNOW I KNOW... OLD THREAD!
But hey thats what this is for...
a 90 SC with an SCP exhaust and Magnaflow mufflers sounds and runs the same in 2009 as it did in 2004 right?

Metalman,
That is the system I am looking at putting on my completely stock 90SC.
No issues staying with the stock manifolds?
Only "issue"(in this case inprovement) was the expected drop in pressure because of lower back pressure?
The pulley corrected that and brought it to life?
How noticeable was it?

Can you get me a sound clip? Start, Idle, Revs, mid range steady rpm and maybe a drive off/drive by?

Did you contact SCP and figure out what the issue was with the fit?
Has that fitment issue been fixed in the last 5 years

Did anyone else have a problem recently with the fit that Metalman had?

Do you still have the car and what, if any, are the long term reports on this exhaust?

Thanks!
Carl

Last edited:
Back