PDA

View Full Version : Stripped out coil pack bolt...a problem?

bigcletus94
05-08-2004, 04:17 AM
I noticed recently that the top bolt that holds the coil-pack to top of the motor is stripped out completely. I can lift the bolt right out of the hole with my fingers. Probably happened when Ford replaced the coil pack a couple of years ago :mad: The bottom two bolts are the only ones holding it down. Just curious if this could cause a problem at all? Not sure if it needs any extra grounding through that bolt or not. Just trying to get opinions whether or not it is worth fixing.

Scott Long
05-08-2004, 02:06 PM
I think for a while I was only running two bolts in mine. Never noticed a problem. I did however have a problem with my DIS when I first put the head gaskets on. I took it for a drive and over 3k it would stumble. I was like ~~~ I have new plugs, wires, and a billion other new parts (cam and crank sensor as well) so what is wrong. Got back to the garage and I looked at my DIS, I had it held down with four screws cuz I lost the bolts, They were in at an angle and wouldn't sit flat. So I dug around the garage and what not and then I found a bolt the fit so I took it to the parts store to buy 4 new ones in that size, installed them, and boom ran like a raped ape.