ghost racing stripes - how?!

ModusPonens

I recently bought a beat up tbird (it's a 93 5.0) that i am doing body work to, and will have to repaint in a couple months. I saw a tbird with ghost racing stripes that could only be seen in the right light, and it looked incredible. I want my tbird to be a gunmetal metallic gray, with either lighter silver/gray or darker charcoal ghost stripes. what do you think? i'm leaning towards the darker stripes. anyway..

my question: how do you make ghost paint? there are probably many ways- so give me a few ideas.

i want this to be subtle, so a completely different paint doesn't seen like a good idea. the one i saw was done by adding a blue pearl paint to the one of the clearcoats, on top of the black base. looking straight at the nose, you couldn't see them at all.

thanks for any help!
Janine

ghosts

Most people use an iredesente. Tape off your strip. Put eridesent in clear, Paint strip. Remove tape. Reclear hole car.

prime car one color-then use diff. color prime or paint for stripes-then paint car normally-see where diff. color is underneath-doing a big M/// on my bimmer hood
lol

If you are using a high hiding base color, the shade of primer will have no effect. Lay down you base color, Then use a pearl of your choice after taping off your stripes after the base color flashes. Then remove your tape and paper, and clear coat the entire area. The stripes will only be visible at the proper angle, and probably not at all at night.

Back