pcv hose got oil in it; is it normal ?

xizor

First of all I want to apologize for my bad english and tell everyone that its not my pramary language so if you are not sure what my point is just ask for a clarification.

Ok, so first, I'll start by saying that this problem as started about 2 months ago. I had oil comming out of the dipstick tube. So by searching here I read that I should replace the pcv valve. I Knew that I had an oil leak because I saw from time to time some smoke comming from under the hood. So I just replaced the pcv. 2 times more then once since the guy from canadien Tire told me that they had a pcv that was designed for the 3.8 sc t-bird, wich was really not the case since when I changed it I had a lot of smoke from I'm not sure where since when i saw that I changed back to my hold pcv right away. (With the oem one I even had smoke comming inside the car with the roof open) So after that I got one from ford. wich seemed to improve thing but it was not at a 100%. I still saw some smoke but rarelly.

Then say two weeks later at random times I had a lot of smoke with some wearid smell comming from under the hood. I just found out today that this was my radiator cap that was leaking. So I changed it about 2 hours ago.
Now I ride my car to see if everything is ok and there is still some smoke comming from under the hood (like if there was oil on the exaust line).
After I read again here about pcv I knew that it was possible that the pcv line was clogued.
So i decide to check that with some see-true hose that I plugued on the pcv hose line and I "breathed" in there to see that everything it fine. then I plugued (with some fitting) the pcv to my see-true hose to see if there would be some oil comming into it. After I started the car and say 3 to 5 minutes on idle there was some oil "climbing" the hose. Not a lot be what case some smoke if it was going to the wrong place.

I don't think that there is still oil comming out of the dipstick anymore but it might be possible.

I can also say that there is a lot of vacuum comming from the pcv line when the engine is running (way more the I would have tought)

So here is my questions :
Is it normal that this oil go trought the pcv hose ?
and if not how can I fix that ?

Could it be possible that it's what cause the smoke I can see ? (btw there I really not a lot of smoke now I got to open the hood to see it otherwise I wont see it comming out)

Any input/advise on this would be welcome.
Thx for your time and support !

-----------
T-bird sc 92
auto
got a chip and also got cam (was alrdy in there when I bought it so I dont know a lot about it as it was the same for the previous owner)
other then that all is stock.

Back