Damn! I Hate G-Tech at times

flynbrd

First let me say that I've had very positive experiences with gtechs in the past, but however the production run they did 2 years ago must be recalled. My friend had to return his new tech after it didnt work out of the box, and the second won(which is the replacement for the old, swapped out about 2 years ago) I found out tonight is also bad. My friend wont believe the tech is bad, but with the 1/4 mile times it was giving me how could it be accurate. I poured my soul into this engine rebuild which has been a nightmare, finally have the car running excellent so I decide its time to race. That and my other friend was challenging me with his modified maveric. I used the g-tech first to get an idea where I was in the 1/4 before I raced my friend. I pulled an impressive 14.7 at 101 with a 7 second 0-60. Damn I guess 300rwhp doesnt go as far as it use to with a good launch. So we race this time, me vs mav boy with the g-tech running co-pilot, this time I had a little detonation but still pulled another great time 15.1. My friend knows his maveric runs a solid 14.0 in street trim. Just though I would offer my exp with the gtech, the unit is very cool but there are bad ones out there so watchout.

Btw I won the race ... I got 1/2 car on him which he could never reel back in.. This is great because his car is built for top end power and rpm. Its an odd feeling hearing a car revving its nuts off next to you like its going to eat you up but never gets any closer. Also my friends at the end of the quarter miles said I flew by them at insane speed. The only thing they could hear was the supercharger and thats about it.

flynbrd said:
First let me say that I've had very positive experiences with gtechs in the past, but however the production run they did 2 years ago must be recalled. My friend had to return his new tech after it didnt work out of the box, and the second won(which is the replacement for the old, swapped out about 2 years ago) I found out tonight is also bad. My friend wont believe the tech is bad, but with the 1/4 mile times it was giving me how could it be accurate. I poured my soul into this engine rebuild which has been a nightmare, finally have the car running excellent so I decide its time to race. That and my other friend was challenging me with his modified maveric. I used the g-tech first to get an idea where I was in the 1/4 before I raced my friend. I pulled an impressive 14.7 at 101 with a 7 second 0-60.

Impressive is something that a 14.7 @ 101 is not. I would not rely on any Gtech. Either go the the Race track for a true time, or a dyno. Your MPH looks good, but remember the Gtech is a few mph high. Your probably running a 98-99, but again, you'll need to go to a race track to verify.

Chris

Back