A/C Pulley Acting Up?

SC UL8R1990

Well this is strange. I noticed a clicking sound every 15 seconds coming from the engine bay. I pop the hood and notice that every 15 seconds or so the A/C pulley clicks and starts spinning, then it stops, 15 seconds later it clicks and starts spinning again. It will repeat this if i have my vents on. Even if im not using the a/c button it will do this. Whyen i turn my vent controls off.......it stops doing it.

thanks in advance

p.s. - my car is possesed

recharge time

Your ac needs a recharge, when ever you are down on charge the pump will cycle, this is not good, so get it recharged. You might have to get changed over to 134, but that's not so bad either..Good luck and bring your check book, as it won't be cheap to do it.....Rich

Just to reiterate that operation of an A/C system that is low on refrigerant is not good. It can damage the compressor since it is the refrigerant that moves the oil through the system to lubricate the compressor. Insufficient refrigerant=insufficient lubricant to the compressor=burnt up compressor.

i run my heater on vent instead of floor or mixed floor and defrost or defrost as much as possible to save gas so compressor doesnt kick on or unplug the compressor until you get your freon leak fixed

Last edited:
Back