Sealing the blower case

fastsc92

I ended up taking my blower apart to flush all the fluid out. I dont know what to use to seal the case halfs back up. I'm thinking silcone sealer would be too thick. What did you guys use?

For sealing the snout or rotor cartridge use the 518. RTV is way to thick for this. You can buy it at Grainger's, Motion Industries, Applied Industrial Technoliges.

For the inlet plenum and outlet top you can use RTV.
Jeff

Right. I was referring to Gerome's post on the Anaerobic product.

Blower seal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't because the tolorences are so close and its to hard to clean off once its set. Permatex® Anaerobic Gasket Maker
# 518xx is the best adhesive for that b/c it hardens & seals in the absence of air and comes off very clean and easy. Good luck

ya i use rtv on all the other surfaces. I got some permatex anaerobic gasket maker for the case halves. Thanks guys.

518 is the ticket as mentioned above, if you see some 510 locally then grab it because it has a higher temp rating than 518.

'bird

Is that anaerobic sealer suposed to dry...cause its been a day and it still seems to be a gel.

It doesn't dry like stuff that you might be used to like sillycone etc. It cures in the absence of air, that means the sealer that's trapped between the mating surfaces will cure. The sealer that squeezes out won't ever dry or cure, just bolt it together and wipe up the excess and you're done.

'bird

what about if some squeezes out on the inside ? like it did on the outside would that mess anything up ?

remember your only putting a thin layer of it on so what oozes into the blower will be very small amount I used it and the coating was paper thin . Ive also used the right stuff in a thin coat and had good luck with it .

but the anerobic is best and would not recomend anything else as a rule.

the right stuff was a quik fix out in the boonies that got me home .

ok cool thanks i was like, ~~~~ am i gonna have to take this dam thing apart again lol. i used a small bead more towards the outer edge and only a little bit oozed out the edges. thanks i should have my car out of my garage by Wednesday :cool:

Back