Throttle body retrofit?

keisers1001

Does anyone know if an aftermarket 70+ mm mustang throttle body can be adapted to the SC/Xr7?? What modifications need to be done?

Goto Search Mode

keisers1001 said:
Does anyone know if an aftermarket 70+ mm mustang throttle body can be adapted to the SC/Xr7?? What modifications need to be done?
LOOK UP UNDER SEARCH MODE ..HAS PIC,S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!! :eek: :confused: :( :D :cool:

I have a BBK 94-95 Mustang TB that I converted for the SC. BBK makes basically the same casting of the throttle body for 94-95 Mustang 5.0s, T-Bird V8 and SCs with only the linkage changed. BBK will not sell you the linkage and throttle shaft seperately either.

I bought a BBK 94-95 Muatang 75mm on eBay and then about 2 weeks later somebody threw the SC version on eBay for only about $40 more. So I bought the SC version and installed that. I have since got a donor SC TB for it's linkage, removed it and had it welded onto the 75mm TB shaft. I also made a WOT throttle stop too. I'll get you a picture. Others on here have used the Mustang linkage and rigged their own throtle stop. The Mustang linkage sticks out a lot further than the SC linkage though. I have quite a bit of time in removing both linkages and making the throttle stop. So you need to weigh your time vs the savings over the SC version.

Jerry

Back